Destiny - Witness 2013 Conference
What a blessing this last weekend at the witness conference in Brisbane was! As mile after mile of road slips behind us, and we reflect on our time there, I'm impressed again of the seriousness of the days in which we live, and our mission to take the gospel to a perishing world.
Witness 2013 was an opportunity to connect with like-minded people, and to be challenged to stand firm for Christ. It was a busy four days of meetings, workshops and outreach activities, where we were able to grow closer to Christ as we shared our faith and learnt from others.
The leaders at Witness kindly allowed Eastward to run a booth to inform delegates of eMT 2014. At the same time we were able to participate in all of the workshops and activities, at only the cost of meals.
Some of the things I really enjoyed were:
- the regular readings from "Last Day Events". I found that really inspiring!
- the sermon by Geoff Youlden on Sabbath morning
- the sermon by William Moala on Sunday
- Pr John Lomacang's messages
- Street witnessing (yes, I went out with preaching place on Friday and we spent most of the day in the centre of Brisbane handing out literature, singing and talking with people. We had some really powerful testimonies from that time!! God is good)
So friends, time is short, God is calling us to witness for him!